DIGITAL FINANCE AND PAYMENTS: NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR PAYMENTS AND THE FINANCIAL SECTOR
Hot summer for Digital Finance
- The European Commission adopts its Digital finance package including a digital finance strategy and legislative proposals on crypto-assets and digital resilience.
- The European Council adopts new rules for Crowdfunding platforms to improve the way crowdfunding platforms operate across the EU.
- The Luxembourg Government submits a draft “Blockchain Law II” to the Luxembourg parliament to complete its legislative framework to enable the issuance of crypto-securities using decentralised ledger technology (“DLT”).
EPA EU and Schiltz & Schiltz have the pleasure to invite you on 22 October 2020 from 4 PM to 6 PM at the LHoFT* to debate on the new opportunities included in the various initiatives for the financial sector.
04:00 Welcome Speech
- Thibault de Barsy, Vice-Chairman & General Manager at the Emerging Payments Association EU
04:10 EU Proposal for a framework on Crypto-assets
04:30 EU Proposal for a pilot regime for Market Infrastructures based on DLT
04:50 European Crowdfunding Service Providers (ECSP) for Business
05:10 Luxembourg Blockchain Law II
05:30 Q&A Session
- Jean-Louis Schiltz, Professor (hon.) at the University of Luxembourg
For physical attendance please register by sending an email to [email protected], or
[email protected] (limited seats available)
Attendance via webinar register HERE
*All participants are required to wear a mask before being seated