The Sustainable Investment Forum Europe is going virtual with a European focused month dedicated to responsible investment.
The virtual forum will take place across four dates; on the 8th, 11th, 15th and 22nd September, so you can view the sessions live or in your own time on-demand.
Who will attend?
Asset owners, asset managers, service providers and policymakers to discuss how investors are aligning with global climate and sustainability targets.
- Share views on how the EU Sustainable Finance Action Plan is driving change
- Engage with a range of asset owners, asset managers and senior policy makers
- Collaborate and compare sustainability strategies on asset owner and manager approaches to sustainable investment, climate disclosure and the UN SDGs
- Adapt and share best practice for European sustainable investment in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Magnus Billing, CEO, Alecta
- Morgan Despres, Deputy Director General of Financial Stability & Operations, Banque de France
- Valentijn van Nieuwenhuijzen, Chief Investment Officer, NN Investment Partners
- Olivier Rousseau, Executive Director, Fonds de Réserve pour les Retraites (FRR)
- Martin Spolc, Head of Sustainable Finance Unit, European Commission
- Eric Usher, Head, UNEP Finance Initiative
PART 1 – Tue, 8 September 2020: Building a coherent financial system to support ESG and global sustainable growth
- How to decarbonise your investment portfolio
- ESG investing, integration and application of data
- Active versus passive investing in ESG
- Overcoming the ESG data challenge
- Has COVID-19 refocused attention on the S and G of ESG?
MORE on Part 1
PART 2 – Friday, 11 September 2020: Aligning investments with the Paris Agreement and the UN SDGs
- Is climate engagement across the European financial community working?
- Using strategic asset allocation to achieve a 1.5 degree aligned portfolio
- Are UN SDGs compatible with ESG investing returns
- Has COVID-19 refocused sustainable finance?
- Climate change matters – practical solutions on decarbonising portfolios
MORE on Part 2
PART 3 – Tuesday, 15 September 2020: Laying the foundations for responsible and sustainable investment in Europe
- COVID-19: Sustainable Finance and the Future of the Global Economy
- What is the CIO role in the sustainability agenda?
- The importance of leadership in a time of climate and health crisis
- Evolving policies and regulatory requirements in the EU and beyond
- An update on UN-backed Green Climate Fund agenda
- The impact of COVID-19 on sustainable investing and global resilience financing
MORE on Part 3
PART 4 – Tuesday, 22 September 2020: Responsible investing in a low return, low carbon environment
- European sustainable finance: the EU’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Going beyond Climate: Managing Environment Risks.
- Legal Framework for Impact: Mainstreaming Impact in Investment
MORE on Part 4